Can You Pre-Qualify For USDA Loans in Pennsylvania?
What are the requirements for the USDA Loan program in Pennsylvania? So USDA has a few interesting requirements.
First of all, you’ll need to have at least a 580 credit score. Some mortgage lenders in Pennsylvania require a 620 credit score.
Your household income has to be under the county maximum. Like a lot of down payment assistance programs.
This is based on family size So 1 to 4 is one category and then 5 and above is a higher threshold for qualifying. ChurchFinancing.biz looked at the data and with the average family size in the USA in areas that qualify for UDA Loans, this is a standard spread.
What’s unique about this one is the home has to be within a designated area. So, Typically what that means is…
NOT within a metropolitan area. So within our area here aka USDA Loans in Pennsylvania territory. If you want a full list of USDA Loan Eligible Areas, Check out the Eligibility Map that the Government provides.
Our local cities around her don’t qualify. But, we only need to go 10 miles away to where there’s an open area where there’s Several homes that qualify.
USDA Loans in Pennsylvania and in any other state for that matter, stands for United States Department of Agriculture.
But it’s NOT a farm loan. Specifically, they don’t finance this program for farms. It has to be a Single Family home without a barn structure on the property.
USDA Loans : Does it also have some home price limitations?
The Threshold is a little bit lower than say an FHA loan for the loan limits. Ok, and how does this program differ from other Down payment programs?
So it’s different because it’s not really a down payment program but it allows financing up to a 100% of the purchase price.
And it’s interesting because you can actually use this program with 1 or 2 of the other programs.
If you need closing cost assistance But, what’s unique it’s a 100% Financing. So you don’t need a 2nd or a 3rd lien on the property.
Your interest rates are typically lower Than if you combine it with a down payment assistance programs.
And you don’t have to repay any down payment assistance It has a monthly factor It’s like mortgage insurance upfront It’s financed at a monthly component.
FHA vs USDA vs VA Loans in Pennsylvania
Much less than FHA. o if you can qualify for this program It’s better than FHA And As we mentioned, rates and payments Are typically lower on this program.
So USDA is really a great program. And on average How much does the home buyer have to come in with out-of-pocket?
So Again, we are financing the whole loan Purchase price up to 100% So the only thing remaining is then the closing costs .
Typically, plan on around 3% of the purchase price for funds to close. The question there then becomes, Well, Where does that come from?
Typically, we ask the seller to cover those costs.
And if we can get the seller to cover 3% then, the buyer may only need to come in with an earnest money deposit.
And they may even get most or all of that back. If the seller is covering all the fees. One unique feature about USDA Loans in PA Versus all other loans is that if the home appraises for more than the purchase price.Our customers continually praise FirstAmerican Mortgage solutions for their dedication to innovative solutions andcustomer service. Offering FraudGuard®, valuations, title, closing, and home equitysolutions. Through Encompass they continue to exceed customer expectations,and are making a difference in the loan manufacturing process. First AmericanMortgage Solutions knows that partnered with Ellie Mae they can deliver onsolutions that build customer loyalty. They're making a lasting impression. Here's what we are hearing from our customers: They are easy to work with. Through Encompass they go above and beyond in customer care, and we loveworking with them, and they look out for us. The Ellie Mae Network can only be successful through the strength ofpartner contributions it is absolutely critical to our client success and themortgage industry. Congratulations to First American Mortgage Solutions Ellie Mae 2019 Hall of Fame winner - Lenders Choice for Best Service Provider you.
We can finance the closing costs Up to that appraised amount So, no other loan I know that we can actually finance the closing costs. on that type of loan.
What type of home buyer is this USDA program ideal for?
So certainly those that don’t have access to money for a down payment.
Anyone that wants to live that doesn’t have to live within a metropolitan area because, again, the house has to be in an area that is not in a high densely populated area in Pennsylvania.
It’s also suited well for people who have some credit issues and anybody that qualifies for this program would definitely be better served than going FHA so those type of people.
And besides the Area restrictions are their any other property restrictions?
So property restrictions are going to be similar to FHA They’ll do manufactured homes.
They’ll do homes with Casitas. So no real other restrictions. Just if it conforms to the FHA guides then it should qualify for USDA in Pennsylvania.
There’s a couple little quirky things That you don’t run into very often.
For example, you can’t actually have a barn on the property It definitely can’t be for agricultural purposes. It has to be for residential purposes check out our next blog section packed with facts on USDA Loans and Mortgage Lenders.
USDA Loan Income Limits in Pennsylvania:Hi, Katie the Mortgage Lady with Total Mortgage. A lot of my borrowers ask me why they should pick me as their loan officer, and it's really so much more than just me doing their mortgage, it's a relationship. It's earning their trust. I'm going to be there from start to finish to make sure that they do get to the end of the process and purchase their home. So if you know someone that needs my help, have them go to www. Katiethemortgagelady. Com.
Working With the Right Lender | Total Mortgage Minute
- USDA Pennsylvania, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Agent Philadelphia, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Pittsburgh, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Broker Allentown, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Agent Erie, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Reading, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Scranton, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Company Bethlehem, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Agency Lancaster, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Agent Harrisburg, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Broker State College, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Broker Wilkes-Barre, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Company Norristown, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Company Chester, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Agency Bethel Park, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Williamsport, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Broker Monroeville, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Plum, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Easton, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Lebanon, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Broker Hazleton, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Company Pottstown, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA New Castle, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Agency Chambersburg, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Company West Chester, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Murrysville, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Agent Baldwin, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Company West Mifflin, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Agency Carlisle, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Johnstown, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Agency McKeesport, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Phoenixville, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Lansdale, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Hanover, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Company Hermitage, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732
- USDA Loan Agent Wilkinsburg, PA | USDA Loan Info | (888) 464-8732